The Bedell Firm has represented businesses and individuals before both state and federal appellate courts, including the Florida District Courts of Appeal, the Florida Supreme Court, the U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit and Federal Circuit, and the U.S. Supreme Court. The firm has substantial experience in appellate advocacy and counts former federal appellate judicial clerks among its ranks. Bedell attorneys’ appellate experience ranges from criminal cases to commercial and employment disputes.
- Counsel for a large financial institution in an appeal challenging the dismissal of claims for breach of contract, negligent misrepresentation, and deceptive and unfair trade practices.
- Counsel for the defendants in appellate proceedings stemming from Florida Supreme Court decisions concerning the constitutionality of a life sentence for an offense committed as a juvenile.
- Counsel for a homeowner in an appeal from a judgment invalidating an amendment to a subdivision’s declaration of restrictive covenants.
- Counsel for an individual in an appeal challenging an order disposing of malicious prosecution claims arising from divorce proceedings.
- Counsel for mining companies in an appeal challenging an order preventing limestone mining in the Lake Belt area of wetlands in Miami-Dade County.
- Counsel for the appellee in an appeal challenging a judgment determining the beneficiaries of a testamentary trust.
- Counsel for the defendants in an appeal from a summary judgment order invalidating a non-compete agreement.
- Counsel for the plaintiff in an appeal challenging rulings excluding evidence from a jury trial on a patent infringement claim.
- Counsel for a venue management company in an appeal challenging a class certification order.