Michael E. Lockamy
Michael E. Lockamy
Michael has a diverse legal practice with experience litigating contract and other business disputes, professional malpractice, employment discrimination, and family law matters.
Michael earned his undergraduate degree from Samford University in Birmingham, Alabama. After graduation, he was employed by the international accounting firm PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP. While working for PwC, he completed his master’s degree at the University of Alabama at Birmingham. After being promoted to senior associate, he left PwC to attend law school at the University of Florida, where he graduated with honors.
Michael is actively involved in groups that serve the legal profession and community. Since 2011, Michael has served as a representative from the Fourth Judicial Circuit on the Florida Bar Young Lawyers Division’s Board of Governors. He also serves as a board member of the Jacksonville Bar Association’s Young Lawyers Section. In 2009, he was voted that section’s most outstanding member.
Michael met his wife, Melodie, at Samford University. They have four sons: Chase, Maddox, Hudson, and Reece.
AREA OF PRACTICE
– Civil Litigation
– Legal Malpractice Defense
– Personal Injury
– Employment Discrimination
– Family Law
– U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
– U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
– U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
– U.S. Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit
– U.S. Supreme Court
– University of Florida College of Law, J.D., with Honors
– University of Alabama at Birmingham, Master of Accountancy
– Samford University, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
– The Florida Bar, Young Lawyers Division Board of Governors, 2011-present
– Board Member, Jacksonville Bar Association Trial Lawyers Section,
– Chester Bedell Inn of Court, Barrister
– The Florida Bar Foundation, Fellow
HONORS & AWARDS
– Most Outstanding Member, Jacksonville Bar Association Young Lawyers Section, 2009-2010
– Florida Trend’s Up & Comer Legal Elite, 2013 – present
– Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2015 – present
– Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent
PAST EMPLOYMENT POSITIONS
– PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, Senior Associate, 2003-2006